Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 international world of water skiing had drastic competitive inconsistencies. Many countries could not travel, could not compete and had no opportunity to post scores in the 2020 season. Therefore, the Nautique Boat Company is announcing all new criteria for the 2021 Masters Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament® to be utilized for one year only.
The Nautique Masters Qualifying Series will be comprised of three (3) qualifying events that will be used to fill the 2021 Masters pro field. More specific information on the qualifying event series will be coming shortly. We will be taking a maximum of 9 competitors in each discipline. The 2019 defending event champions are automatically invited to the 2021 Masters. Therefore, 8 spots will be available through the qualifying series. The spots available are for those not already qualified. Once a skier is qualified, said skier may compete in qualifying events, but will not prevent, or block, new skiers from qualifying.2021 CRITERIA:
- Defending Open Men and Women Champions of the 2019 Masters in slalom, tricks and jump.
- Men’s Slalom: Freddie Winter
- Women’s Slalom: Regina Jaquess
- Men’s Trick: Patricio Font
- Women’s Trick: Erika Lang
- Men’s Jump: Ryan Dodd
- Women’s Jump: Jacinta Carroll
- The top three (3) finishers with the single highest score of multi-round Qualifying Event #1 in Open Men and Women’s slalom, trick and jump held May 7-9, 2021 at Pickos’ Ski School in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
3. The top three (3) finishers with the single highest score of multi-round Qualifying Event #2 in Open Men and Women’s slalom, trick and jump held May 14-16, 2021 at Isle of Lake Hancock, Drew Ross Ski Academy, in Orlando, Florida.4. The top two (2) finishers with the single highest score of multi-round Qualifying Event #3 held May 21-23, 2021 at Jack Travers’ International Tournament Skiing in Groveland, Florida.**In order to be eligible to compete at a qualifying event tournament, skiers must provide proof of the following minimum scores achieved at a Class R, L or elite list tournament in the 2019 or 2020 tournament ski seasons. Proof of performance must be submitted to the qualifying series tournament director with registration. More specific information on registration for the series qualifiers will be coming shortly.
- Open Men’s Slalom: 6 @ 10.75 meters
- Open Women’s Slalom: 3 @ 11.25 meters
- Open Men’s Trick: 9,900 points
- Open Women’s Trick: 6,600 points
- Open Men’s Jump: 61.0 meters
- Open Women’s Jump: 43.0 meters