A maximum of eight (8) competitors in each discipline shall receive invitations to the 2024 Jr. Masters Water Ski Tournament. These positions will be comprised of a maximum of five (5) single event competitors in junior men and junior women slalom, trick and jump and a maximum of three (3) overall competitors. The overall competitors may compete for individual event titles at the 2024 Junior Masters tournament. Qualifying overall skiers do not take a single event position, even if said overall skier qualified in both overall and the single event at the MQS event. If an overall skier qualifies in a single event and an overall position, the athlete with the next-best performance in that single event at that MQS event in which the overall skier qualified in the single event shall receive the invitation. Upon qualifying for an invitation, an athlete may continue to compete in MQS Series events, but for score only, and not for placement for the purposes of Jr. Masters Qualification.
Selections shall be made according to the following criteria, and in the following order, until all five event competitor positions and all three overall positions are filled:
- Defending 2023 Junior Masters Champions in slalom, trick, jump and overall (*defending champions must meet age requirements)
- Junior Men’s Slalom: Charlie Ross (aged out)
- Junior Women’s Slalom: Trinidad Espinal
- Junior Men’s Trick: Jake Abelson
- Junior Women’s Trick: Hanna Stopnicki
- Junior Men’s Jump: Tristan Duplan-Fribourg
- Junior Women’s Jump: Kristy Appleton
- Junior Men’s Overall: Tristan Duplan-Fribourg
- Junior Women’s Overall: Megan Pelkey
- Defending 2023 Junior Champions of the Botaski ProAm in slalom, trick and jump.
- Junior Men’s Slalom: Tim Wild
- Junior Women’s Slalom: Cristhiana DeOsma
- Junior Men’s Trick: Jake Abelson
- Junior Women’s Trick: Alexia Abelson
- Junior Men’s Jump: Tim Wild
- Junior Women’s Jump: Leona Berner
- 2024 Junior Moomba Masters International Invitational Champions in Junior Men and Junior Women slalom, trick and jump only. (*Change for 2024: There will be no minimum benchmark scores required in addition to winning to be invited. First-place finishers in each discipline only. Champions must meet age minimum requirements for Jr. Masters. **There will be NO overall position filled from the 2024 Junior Moomba Masters International Invitational.)
- All remaining positions shall qualify from the Junior Masters Qualfiying Series events (MQS), according to the following chart:
# of Remaining Positions
# of Positions Filled from MQS 1
# of Positions from MQS 2
MASTERS QUALIFIER #1: The top finishers from multi round Masters Qualifier #1 (number determined by the chart above) with the single highest score in Junior Men and Junior Women slalom, trick, jump and overall held May 9-11, 2024. The slalom and trick rounds of this event will be held at the Drew Ross Ski Academy in Winter Garden, Florida on May 9-10, 2024. The jump rounds of this event will be held at Jack Travers’ International Tournament Skiing in Groveland, Florida on Saturday, May 11, 2024.
MASTERS QUALIFIER #2: The top finishers from multi round Junior Masters Qualifier #2 (number determined by the chart above) with the single highest score in Junior Men and Junior Women slalom, trick, jump and overall held May 17-19, 2024 at Jack Travers’ International Tournament Skiing in Groveland, Florida.
In order to be eligible to compete at a qualifying event tournament, junior skiers must meet the following minimum scores achieved at a Class R or L tournament by December 1, 2023.
Junior Men’s Slalom: 2 @11.25 meters
Junior Women’s Slalom: 1 @12 meters
Junior Men’s Trick: 6,000 points
Junior Women’s Trick: 4,000 points
Junior Men’s Jump: 44.50 meters
Junior Women’s Jump: 31.30 meters
Junior Men’s Overall: 1,870.00
Junior Women’s Overall: 1,700.00
*To qualify, an athlete must be 17 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2023. If a junior aged skier qualifies for pro level Masters and Junior Masters, he/she must decide which level to ski. After the decision to ski at the pro level is made, and if said skier qualifies in both pro and junior level again, said skier must compete in the pro level.